Allied Irish Banks is publicizing its new Me2U P2P mobile payments app via an NFC campaign running on 500 Adshel “six sheet” bus stop posters, 10 fully wrapped bus shelters and 55 further six sheets located in cinema lobbies across Ireland. Tapping the NFC tags on the ads takes the user to a landing page where they can download the Me2U app. The campaign was planned by Starcom and outdoor specialist Source Out Of Home.
- Malibu adds NFC tags to 300,000 bottles for ‘Because Summer’ campaign
- Mastercard and Worldpay to let merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts
- Russian banks roll out mobile P2P payments
- Amex files blockchain proof of payment patent
- Nordic banks to build new payments infrastructure for instant cross-border payments