Sony and Gemalto are working together to add Sony FeliCa and NFC functionality to Gemalto microSD cards. “Incorporating a contactless IC and an antenna, Gemalto’s FeliCa/NFC equipped microSD cards will enable access to contactless card services simply by being inserted into mobile handsets and smartphones, including non-NFC handsets,” says Sony.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India