NXP is demonstrating two reference designs that combine Qi wireless charging and NFC functionality at MWC 14. “The next generation of Qi wireless charging pads with NFC will enable users to stream music to their Bluetooth speakers and deliver useful content to their mobile devices as they are charging — all the while economizing on overall power consumption,” says NXP’s Rick Dumont.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers