Italian financial services provider Agos Ducato is piloting microSD-based NFC payments in partnership with Visa Europe. The 1,000 participants in the trial are able to make payments at contactless-enabled merchant locations across the Milan and Monza areas.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps