A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India