A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform