A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info