A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps