A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries