A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments