A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes