A visitor information service that combines ebooks and mobile apps with NFC and QR codes placed at tourist attractions is to be expanded across the Philippines. The Digital Tourism project, developed by new media startup InnoPub Media and carrier Smart Communications, was piloted in the city of Cebu and is now going live in Iloilo, Baguio City and “other areas of the country”.
- Chase lets customers make payments with Fitbit and Garmin wearables
- Transport for London adds in-app contactless journey tracking
- Amazon to pilot sound-based payments for cash on delivery service in India
- US merchants increase support for NFC in stores, cut back on Apple Pay and Google Pay online
- Apple Pay runs ‘Lose your wallet’ promotion in New York City