Equity Bank, Kenya’s largest bank, is to provide more than 300,000 free NFC phones to retailers across the country for use as POS devices, ITWeb Africa reports. “Our new MasterCard ATM cards are tap-and-go hence the need to put mobile POS devices with merchants to process payments,” chief executive James Mwangi said. “The NFC-enabled phones and cards will help Equity Bank be well positioned to significantly increase volumes and commission from payment processing.”
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies
- Huawei Pay to launch in the US?