The Royal Bank of Canada has expanded the functionality and availability of its cloud-based RBC Wallet. The service now runs on four additional NFC devices — the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG G2, Sony Xperia Z1 and HTC One M7 — and customers can use the NFC wallet to make payments with their MasterCard credit card in addition to the existing Interac debit and Visa payment options.
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers
- BIS reports on the potential of central bank-issued cryptocurrencies