An NFC-based solution to the growing threat of counterfeit wine sold worldwide has been launched by embedded mobile security firm Inside Secure and object identification specialist Selinko. The CapSeal system, using an embedded NFC tag and mobile app platform, allows consumers and traders to see whether a bottle has already been opened. Analysts say some 20% of wine sold worldwide is counterfeit, and up to 50% in some Asian countries, especially for high-end French wines.
- EU offers issuers extra time to implement strong customer authentication
- Public Transport Victoria reports strong takeup for Mobile myki transit cards
- US Payments Forum sets out best practices for growing contactless payments adoption
- National Bank of Kuwait claims world first with contactless metal Visa credit card
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena