Advertising industry executives attending the annual Cannes Lions festival in France next week will be able to use an iBeacon-powered “Around Me” feature within the event’s official iPhone app to detect nearby attendees and connect with them. The app includes “tight LinkedIn integration” to enable visitors to “see who is around them, read their profile and immediately reach out to them through the app”, supplier Eventbase says.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet