Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) platform provider Radius Networks has introduced QuickBeacon for OS X, a virtual iBeacon solution that can turn any Macintosh computer equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 and running OS X 10.9 or higher into a fully configurable BLE beacon. QuickBeacon is aimed at enterprise, retail point-of-sale and hospitality environments, Radius says.
- Intesa Sanpaolo pilots contactless biometric payment card in Italy
- Los Angeles Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing on Apple Watch and iPhones
- Sam’s Club unveils mobile-first store that showcases the latest payments and retail technologies
- Target equips staff with mobile POS terminals for faster Black Friday checkout
- 7-Eleven pilots mobile self-checkout in 14 US stores