Japanese toy maker Bandai is to include NFC in the next version of its Tamagotchi electronic pets, enabling owners to tap their device on ‘Touch Spots’ and against other Tamagotchis and smartphones to exchange items and play games. Tamagotchi 4U will be released in September and Bandai expects to sell one million units by the end of March 2015.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service