Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases