Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills