Korean mobile messaging service Kakao is to launch a new payment solution in September, in collaboration with nine credit card firms, that will let its 100 million KakaoTalk customers make payments using only their password. “Through integration of the payment modules to the KakaoTalk network, the company will help users buy goods simply with the KakaoTalk password once they register credit card or account information at the first transaction,” the Korea Times reports.
- Masterpass QR expands to merchants across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to support Bluetooth 5
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features