More than one million Brits have now registered for Paym, the mobile payments service operated by the UK’s Payments Council, with just over £6.5m being sent on the platform since its launch in April this year. “It’s hugely encouraging that one million people have chosen to register for Paym already, but this milestone only marks the start of growth in the service,” says the company’s Jemma Smith.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022