More than one million Brits have now registered for Paym, the mobile payments service operated by the UK’s Payments Council, with just over £6.5m being sent on the platform since its launch in April this year. “It’s hugely encouraging that one million people have chosen to register for Paym already, but this milestone only marks the start of growth in the service,” says the company’s Jemma Smith.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform