The Smart Card Alliance has published Host Card Emulation (HCE) 101, a white paper that “takes a deep dive into HCE and NFC opportunities and security considerations”. HCE is “an opportunity for application developers to more easily provide convenient and consumer-friendly NFC applications, but also increases the chances of hackers gaining access to information through malware and/or denial of service attacks,” says executive director Randy Vanderhoof.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards