UK-based supermarket giant Tesco is trialling a mobile payments service based on QR codes, Marketing Week reports. “The PayQwiq service is currently available at 16 of Tesco’s smaller Express stores in London, as well as at 26 of its Express, Metro and Superstore store formats in Edinburgh. It is currently only available to a small number of staff members as part of a trial, although there are plans to extend that to customers in October,” the article says.
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards
- India moves towards interoperable mobile wallets
- Apple issues apology to Chinese mobile wallet phishing victims