The NFC Forum has published guidelines for developers looking to use NFC to easily establish a connection between two devices and then hand over to Bluetooth or WiFi for high speed or long distance data exchange. Connection Handover User Experience Recommendations includes general guidance for all applications, for audio and video streaming use cases, and recommendations specific to Bluetooth use.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards