A text string in the beta release of iOS 8.1 spotted by a MacRumours reader appears to confirm reports that Apple will add a Touch ID fingerprint sensor to its next iPad, which may ship as soon as next month, and make it possible for owners to use Apple Pay to make online purchases. “Pay with iPad using Touch ID,” the hidden text says. “With Apple Pay, you no longer need to type card numbers and shipping information.”
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments