PayPal was excluded from the list of Apple Pay preferred partners due to a falling out between the two companies, Bank Innovation reports. The reason? PayPal’s decision to work with Samsung, which has its own mobile wallet ambitions, to deliver fingerprint-secured mobile payments on the Galaxy S5.
- Thinfilm raises US$110m to support growth in NFC market
- Facebook Messenger adds PayPal P2P payments
- Mastercard to eliminate signature verification at the point of sale
- The Clearing House to secure real-time payments system with tokenization
- Visa makes it easier to integrate emerging authentication technologies