Version 8.1 of iOS is now available for download, and brings with it the US consumer rollout of the Apple Pay mobile payments system. Apple Pay’s NFC payment capability is available to US-based owners of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets and can be used at 220,000 stores nationwide that accept contactless payments. Last week Apple revealed that 500 banks have now signed up to offer the service to their customers.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info