Version 8.1 of iOS is now available for download, and brings with it the US consumer rollout of the Apple Pay mobile payments system. Apple Pay’s NFC payment capability is available to US-based owners of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus handsets and can be used at 220,000 stores nationwide that accept contactless payments. Last week Apple revealed that 500 banks have now signed up to offer the service to their customers.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution