Location-based shopping app Shopkick reports that it has driven more than US$1bn in revenue for its partner retailers since its launch in 2010, more than half of which occurred in the past year. There are now more than 7,500 ShopBeacon Bluetooth beacons live across 3,000 stores including American Eagle Outfitters, Alex & Ani and Macy’s locations.
- Intesa Sanpaolo pilots contactless biometric payment card in Italy
- Los Angeles Football Club rolls out NFC ticketing on Apple Watch and iPhones
- Sam’s Club unveils mobile-first store that showcases the latest payments and retail technologies
- Target equips staff with mobile POS terminals for faster Black Friday checkout
- 7-Eleven pilots mobile self-checkout in 14 US stores