Australian mobile payment startup Aston Club has revealed it has signed up more than 22,000 users since its launch last year and is now being accepted in over 260 hospitality venues across the country. The solution is integrated into a bar or restaurant’s point-of-sale system and lets customers set a tab limit within the mobile app and complete their purchase as they leave using their chosen credit card.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone