Arts Centre Melbourne is rethinking its approach to using Bluetooth beacons after a disappointing pilot that used the technology to send out food and beverage offers to visitors during October’s Melbourne Festival. “I’m not exactly sure our audience respond to a retail approach in a cultural arena,” the centre’s Kristen Eckhardt told CMO. “There’s a bit of a disconnect perhaps; prompting an unplanned visit to a cultural institution through this technology might be too big a leap for this particular audience.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?