Almost seven in ten Canadian smartphone owners (68%) are aware of NFC or QR codes and 65% are likely to make NFC or QR payments over the next six months, research by Visa Canada has revealed. “Canada is a world leader in mobile NFC and QR payments,” says Visa’s Derek Colfer. “It is very encouraging to see solid awareness of NFC payments as well as that upwards of 26% of Canadians are beginning to use their mobile device for online ecommerce payments.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?