Nearly one in three (30%) US smartphone owners say they plan to use mobile payment offerings such as Apple Pay or Google Wallet for shopping in stores this holiday season, Bluetooth ‘connected card’ maker Stratos’ 2014 Holiday Mobile Payments Survey has found. 17% said they would spend more because of these new payment options and 5% said they felt “more comfortable” paying with their device than using traditional payment cards.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills