EMVCo has published A Guide to EMV Chip Technology, a report that provides an introduction to the EMV specifications and processes as well as the role of the technology within the wider payments industry. “Of particular interest to parties migrating to EMV Chip, it summarises implementation considerations for issuers, acquirers and merchants, as well as the responsibilities of EMVCo and its ongoing activity to advance the technology,” the standards body explains.
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing