EMVCo has published A Guide to EMV Chip Technology, a report that provides an introduction to the EMV specifications and processes as well as the role of the technology within the wider payments industry. “Of particular interest to parties migrating to EMV Chip, it summarises implementation considerations for issuers, acquirers and merchants, as well as the responsibilities of EMVCo and its ongoing activity to advance the technology,” the standards body explains.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case