EMVCo has published A Guide to EMV Chip Technology, a report that provides an introduction to the EMV specifications and processes as well as the role of the technology within the wider payments industry. “Of particular interest to parties migrating to EMV Chip, it summarises implementation considerations for issuers, acquirers and merchants, as well as the responsibilities of EMVCo and its ongoing activity to advance the technology,” the standards body explains.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit