UK startup Yoyo is to provide a mobile payments and loyalty app to Malaysian budget airline AirAsia, City AM reports. “The deal will see the airline reduce the number of cash payments on its flights for duty free and in-flight purchases and instead use mobile payments with Yoyo’s technology,” the article explains. Yoyo’s QR-code based system has been live on the Imperial College London campus since September 2013.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments