Toshiba has unveiled a dual-function IC that includes both a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio and an NFC Type 3 (Felica) tag. The tag part of the chip offers 1.5KB of memory and an I2C interface to allow it to be shared with the BLE side. The TC35670FTG is designed to be included in Bluetooth Smart devices such as sensors, toys, smartphone accessories and healthcare devices and offers one-touch Bluetooth pairing as well as power management features to increase battery lifetimes.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security