Toshiba has unveiled a dual-function IC that includes both a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio and an NFC Type 3 (Felica) tag. The tag part of the chip offers 1.5KB of memory and an I2C interface to allow it to be shared with the BLE side. The TC35670FTG is designed to be included in Bluetooth Smart devices such as sensors, toys, smartphone accessories and healthcare devices and offers one-touch Bluetooth pairing as well as power management features to increase battery lifetimes.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay