Music recognition app Shazam has partnered with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) specialist Gimbal to add support for Bluetooth beacons to its platform. The move “represents a further evolution in the way consumers are looking to Shazam to magically connect them with the world around them”, Shazam says, and will “expand opportunities for brands, advertisers and media owners to offer a more personalised experience” to its more than 100 million monthly active users.
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump
- China opens up its payments market to foreign companies
- Starbucks to run cashless store pilot in South Korea
- Apple closes Dutch bank Bunq’s backdoor to Apple Pay