Music recognition app Shazam has partnered with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) specialist Gimbal to add support for Bluetooth beacons to its platform. The move “represents a further evolution in the way consumers are looking to Shazam to magically connect them with the world around them”, Shazam says, and will “expand opportunities for brands, advertisers and media owners to offer a more personalised experience” to its more than 100 million monthly active users.
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017
- Researchers create a T-shirt that monitors the wearer’s breathing rate in real time
- Tipping point for Apple Pay as majority of UK tills accept limitless payments