Two Dutch schoolboys have developed KeyTouch, an app that uses Apple’s Touch ID technology to protect access to Mac computers. “Apple fans who happen to own Touch ID-enabled iPhone and iPad models can use the app to unlock and lock their Macs as long as their OS X computers have Bluetooth 4.0 LE support and are running the KeyTouch companion app,” BGR reports.
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February