Swiss watchmaker Swatch Group is to launch a smartwatch that includes NFC and mobile payments capabilities and works with both Android and Windows phones, CEO Nick Hayek has told Bloomberg. “Swatch is in talks with retailers on its payment system, Hayek said, without naming them. The device will enter the market in two to three months.” Last month, Swiss supermarket chain Migros was reported to be working on a mobile payments service that would work in its own locations as well as other stores.
- Seven watch brands to embed Barclaycard’s bPay wearable payments in their devices
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders