Swiss watchmaker Swatch Group is to launch a smartwatch that includes NFC and mobile payments capabilities and works with both Android and Windows phones, CEO Nick Hayek has told Bloomberg. “Swatch is in talks with retailers on its payment system, Hayek said, without naming them. The device will enter the market in two to three months.” Last month, Swiss supermarket chain Migros was reported to be working on a mobile payments service that would work in its own locations as well as other stores.
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores