JetBlue Airways is to become the first major US domestic carrier to accept Apple Pay for onboard purchases such as food and drink. “JetBlue will deploy iPad Minis and NFC-enabled cases to more than 3,500 inflight crewmembers,” the airline says. “Each iPad Mini will be loaded with a custom-designed iOS app — the Inflight Service Assistant — which will give inflight crewmembers access to customer manifest and flight data to provide the best experience possible to JetBlue customers.”
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments