JetBlue Airways is to become the first major US domestic carrier to accept Apple Pay for onboard purchases such as food and drink. “JetBlue will deploy iPad Minis and NFC-enabled cases to more than 3,500 inflight crewmembers,” the airline says. “Each iPad Mini will be loaded with a custom-designed iOS app — the Inflight Service Assistant — which will give inflight crewmembers access to customer manifest and flight data to provide the best experience possible to JetBlue customers.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works