From this month the 700,000 daily users of Jakarta’s local train network can pay for their tickets with a tap of a contactless wristband or card at any of 64 stations served by Indonesian regional rail operator PT Kai Commuter Jabodetabek (KCJ). KCJ’s new ticketing system has been supplied by Sony FeliCa and support for NFC phones is planned “from the middle of 2015.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year