Hotel customers with high credit scores will be able to book rooms on Alibaba’s online travel booking platform Alitrip without having to provide their credit card for room deposits and bypass check-out with payments automatically deducted from their Alipay accounts. The Post Post Pay service, launched by Alitrip and Sesame Credit, the Alibaba-related Ant Financial Services Group credit agency, will be available in some 5,500 hotels in China, Alizila reports, including Starwood, Shangri-La, Jinling, New Century and Landison.
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations