BNP Paribas, Groupe BPCE, La Banque Postale and Société Générale have begun piloting HCE mobile payment services with Visa Europe and payment and transaction services provider Worldline. The plans were first announced in November last year and will let users make mobile payments at nearly 400,000 contactless point-of-sale terminals across the country.
- SPA white paper examines the potential of bank cards with built-in biometric sensors
- Citi to let customers check their bank account from within Facebook Messenger
- BBVA tests face recognition payments
- Indian mobile payments firms raised US$1.5bn in funding in 2017
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones