Barclays has unveiled an Apple Watch app which will let customers check their current account balance when the watch goes on sale in the UK on April 24. Customers will be able to check the balance of up to five accounts linked to the Barclays Mobile Banking app, which the user can swipe through to view. “The extension of our popular mobile app on Apple Watch will allow customers to keep track of their money wherever they are,” said Matt Hammerstein, head of customer and client experience at Barclays.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’