More than one in two digital tickets will be bought using a mobile handset by 2019, Juniper Research has forecast. Global ticket purchases via mobile and desktop devices, including smartphones, tablets and PCs, will reach 32bn in the same period, up from an estimated 16.2bn this year. Findings also reveal that one in three airline boarding passes will be issued via mobile devices by the same year.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets