More than one in two digital tickets will be bought using a mobile handset by 2019, Juniper Research has forecast. Global ticket purchases via mobile and desktop devices, including smartphones, tablets and PCs, will reach 32bn in the same period, up from an estimated 16.2bn this year. Findings also reveal that one in three airline boarding passes will be issued via mobile devices by the same year.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform