More than one in two digital tickets will be bought using a mobile handset by 2019, Juniper Research has forecast. Global ticket purchases via mobile and desktop devices, including smartphones, tablets and PCs, will reach 32bn in the same period, up from an estimated 16.2bn this year. Findings also reveal that one in three airline boarding passes will be issued via mobile devices by the same year.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay