Apple is rumoured to be working on a larger iPad which will include NFC, potentially turning the tablet into an Apple Pay POS terminal. “While tap-to-pay functionality in an iPad is unlikely, the inclusion of NFC could allow for an ‘iPad Pro’ to serve as a payment receiving terminal for Apple Pay,” Apple Insider speculates.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models