Apple is rumoured to be working on a larger iPad which will include NFC, potentially turning the tablet into an Apple Pay POS terminal. “While tap-to-pay functionality in an iPad is unlikely, the inclusion of NFC could allow for an ‘iPad Pro’ to serve as a payment receiving terminal for Apple Pay,” Apple Insider speculates.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash