Apple is rumoured to be working on a larger iPad which will include NFC, potentially turning the tablet into an Apple Pay POS terminal. “While tap-to-pay functionality in an iPad is unlikely, the inclusion of NFC could allow for an ‘iPad Pro’ to serve as a payment receiving terminal for Apple Pay,” Apple Insider speculates.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform