Apple is rumoured to be working on a larger iPad which will include NFC, potentially turning the tablet into an Apple Pay POS terminal. “While tap-to-pay functionality in an iPad is unlikely, the inclusion of NFC could allow for an ‘iPad Pro’ to serve as a payment receiving terminal for Apple Pay,” Apple Insider speculates.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries