Industry veteran Tony Sabetti has joined CPI Card Group to lead its mobile and NFC market initiatives. Sabetti, who will helm the company’s CPIMobile digital issuance solution division, was previously technology director at US carrier-owned mobile payments venture Softcard. Before that he was a senior director of sales and marketing at NXP. Sabetti is also secretary of the Smart Card Alliance’s Mobile & NFC Council.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service