Industry veteran Tony Sabetti has joined CPI Card Group to lead its mobile and NFC market initiatives. Sabetti, who will helm the company’s CPIMobile digital issuance solution division, was previously technology director at US carrier-owned mobile payments venture Softcard. Before that he was a senior director of sales and marketing at NXP. Sabetti is also secretary of the Smart Card Alliance’s Mobile & NFC Council.
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards
- Researchers aim to print edible RFID tags directly on to food
- Government of Montserrat signs up for digital currency pilot
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia adds support for Samsung Pay