Industry veteran Tony Sabetti has joined CPI Card Group to lead its mobile and NFC market initiatives. Sabetti, who will helm the company’s CPIMobile digital issuance solution division, was previously technology director at US carrier-owned mobile payments venture Softcard. Before that he was a senior director of sales and marketing at NXP. Sabetti is also secretary of the Smart Card Alliance’s Mobile & NFC Council.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain