“Anyone working on NFC is focusing on last century’s problem,” Patrick Gauthier, the new vice president of payments at Amazon, has told Mashable in an interview in which he also indicates that he believes competitors in the mobile payments space — including Apple and Google — have “lost sight of what it is we’re here to do.” Until January, Gauthier headed up emerging retail services at PayPal, a company once anti-NFC which now appears to have changed its mind about the technology.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets