The total number of cash payments made by consumers, businesses and financial organisations in the UK fell to 48% last year, marking the first time that non-cash payments have exceeded those made with cash, the Payments Council reports. Some 52% of consumers continued to use cash for more than half of their transactions in 2014, however, and “there is no prediction for cash to disappear”.
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers
- Barclaycard adds contactless payments to watches and fashion jewellery
- Samsung Pay goes live in Malaysia
- Metro Bank adds Android Pay in UK