The total number of cash payments made by consumers, businesses and financial organisations in the UK fell to 48% last year, marking the first time that non-cash payments have exceeded those made with cash, the Payments Council reports. Some 52% of consumers continued to use cash for more than half of their transactions in 2014, however, and “there is no prediction for cash to disappear”.
- Masterpass QR expands to merchants across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to support Bluetooth 5
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features