India’s largest private sector bank ICICI Bank has become the first in the country to launch a voice recognition-based service, allowing more than 33 million customers to make banking transactions through the bank’s call centre by authenticating themselves using their voice. “Our decision to invest in this new technology was primarily driven by the objective of enhancing the everyday banking experience of our customers,” said CEO Chanda Kochhar.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability