Nearly half (44%) of payment executives globally cite reducing the number of fee collectors in the payments value chain as their “top opportunity”, ranking higher than targeted offers (41%) and mobile (39%), ACI Worldwide and Ovum reveal. Some 59% are evaluating direct connections with banks to cut reliance on card networks and 85% of banks want closer ties with organisations to reduce costs.
- Android Pay enters 11th global market with launch in Russia
- Samsung Pay goes live in Taiwan with seven banks
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017