Nearly half (44%) of payment executives globally cite reducing the number of fee collectors in the payments value chain as their “top opportunity”, ranking higher than targeted offers (41%) and mobile (39%), ACI Worldwide and Ovum reveal. Some 59% are evaluating direct connections with banks to cut reliance on card networks and 85% of banks want closer ties with organisations to reduce costs.
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected
- Microsoft sets out vision for a blockchain-based infrastructure that lets consumers manage their own digital identities