Fewer than a quarter of the National Retail Federation’s list of the top 100 US retailers are now accepting Apple Pay, with nearly two-thirds saying they will not be accepting it this year and only four saying they have plans to add support in the next 12 months, research conducted by Reuters has found. “Some merchants said they were holding out because they plan to participate in a new mobile payment system to be launched by a coalition of retailers later this year,” reports the news agency.
- Google Assistant comes to more Android phones
- GSMA predicts 1.1bn 5G connections by 2025
- Rambus unveils Unified Payment Platform for mobile payments and loyalty
- BNP Paribas launches HCE mobile payments
- India Post to enable Aadhaar money transfers