Visa Europe has confirmed that it will play a part in the the UK launch of Apple Pay and will give debit, credit and reloadable prepaid cardholders access to the payment system. “Visa Europe would like to confirm that it is part of the Apple Pay launch in the UK coming at the beginning of July,” the payment network says. “Further details and information will be shared shortly.” MasterCard revealed last week that it was ready to switch on Apple Pay in Europe.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service