Visa Europe has confirmed that it will play a part in the the UK launch of Apple Pay and will give debit, credit and reloadable prepaid cardholders access to the payment system. “Visa Europe would like to confirm that it is part of the Apple Pay launch in the UK coming at the beginning of July,” the payment network says. “Further details and information will be shared shortly.” MasterCard revealed last week that it was ready to switch on Apple Pay in Europe.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India