Visa Europe has confirmed that it will play a part in the the UK launch of Apple Pay and will give debit, credit and reloadable prepaid cardholders access to the payment system. “Visa Europe would like to confirm that it is part of the Apple Pay launch in the UK coming at the beginning of July,” the payment network says. “Further details and information will be shared shortly.” MasterCard revealed last week that it was ready to switch on Apple Pay in Europe.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works