National Bank of Oman (NBO) has become the first in the country to launch a contactless card pilot, in partnership with MasterCard. “The new scheme will allow customers to make payments for small ticket items at the checkout without the need to enter a PIN or sign a receipt,” Times of Oman reports. “The cards, using ‘TapNGo’ technology, are identified as NBO Beam cards.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform