National Bank of Oman (NBO) has become the first in the country to launch a contactless card pilot, in partnership with MasterCard. “The new scheme will allow customers to make payments for small ticket items at the checkout without the need to enter a PIN or sign a receipt,” Times of Oman reports. “The cards, using ‘TapNGo’ technology, are identified as NBO Beam cards.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works