National Bank of Oman (NBO) has become the first in the country to launch a contactless card pilot, in partnership with MasterCard. “The new scheme will allow customers to make payments for small ticket items at the checkout without the need to enter a PIN or sign a receipt,” Times of Oman reports. “The cards, using ‘TapNGo’ technology, are identified as NBO Beam cards.”
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?
- National QR mobile payments service to go live in Indonesia
- 7-Eleven brings mobile self-checkout to New York stores