NXP engineers Franz Amtmann and Philippe Maugars have won the European Patent Office (EPO) European Inventor Award in recognition of the role they played in the birth of NFC. The pair were nominated in April for the prize which aims to reward inventors who contribute to technological progress and economic growth. Three previous finalists have gone on to collect Nobel Prizes.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands