NXP engineers Franz Amtmann and Philippe Maugars have won the European Patent Office (EPO) European Inventor Award in recognition of the role they played in the birth of NFC. The pair were nominated in April for the prize which aims to reward inventors who contribute to technological progress and economic growth. Three previous finalists have gone on to collect Nobel Prizes.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash