PARTNER NEWS: The prevalence of EMV in the UK, lower interchange fees and the existing contactless infrastructure will lead to faster adoption of Apple Pay in the UK than in the US, Gemalto’s Rémi de Fouchier forecasts. “We’re predicting that the number of users in the UK after six months will be comparable to the number of users the US had after a year. The UK should also have a better percentage of usage.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year