PARTNER NEWS: The prevalence of EMV in the UK, lower interchange fees and the existing contactless infrastructure will lead to faster adoption of Apple Pay in the UK than in the US, Gemalto’s Rémi de Fouchier forecasts. “We’re predicting that the number of users in the UK after six months will be comparable to the number of users the US had after a year. The UK should also have a better percentage of usage.”
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland
- bPay contactless wearables enable automatic donations to UK charities
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases