The Groninger Museum in the Netherlands has deployed beacons to send information about its exhibitions directly to a visitor’s smartphone running the museum’s mobile app, developed by startup Tapme Media. The implementation follows a successful pilot of the technology that lasted for a year. “It’s a fantastic addition to our presentation,” says the museum’s Andreas Blühm.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service