The fingerprint sensor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17% between 2015 and 2020, research from MarketsandMarkets has found, with its value projected to reach US$14.5bn by 2020 from $5.5bn in 2014. “In terms of shipments, the market is projected to reach $10bn by 2020 at CAGR of double digits between 2015 and 2020,” the research team adds.
- India to add face biometrics to Aadhaar national ID platform
- Walmart applies for multiple automated shopping patents
- Apple Pay runs free meal delivery promotion
- Google Assistant adds support for voice-based payments
- Shell rolls out mobile payments at the pump