The fingerprint sensor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17% between 2015 and 2020, research from MarketsandMarkets has found, with its value projected to reach US$14.5bn by 2020 from $5.5bn in 2014. “In terms of shipments, the market is projected to reach $10bn by 2020 at CAGR of double digits between 2015 and 2020,” the research team adds.
- Apple prepares to launch Apple Pay in India
- Face ID to add privacy layer to lockscreen notifications
- Esso lets UK drivers pay at the pump with their mobile phone
- Bank of America reports $4bn in P2P payments
- Russia to issue state-backed CryptoRuble digital currency