The fingerprint sensor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17% between 2015 and 2020, research from MarketsandMarkets has found, with its value projected to reach US$14.5bn by 2020 from $5.5bn in 2014. “In terms of shipments, the market is projected to reach $10bn by 2020 at CAGR of double digits between 2015 and 2020,” the research team adds.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution