US retailer-owned mobile payments consortium MCX is to test its CurrentC mobile wallet in stores next month, Bloomberg reports, adding: “MCX expects to formally introduce the CurrentC app some time in the third quarter.” MCX unveiled the CurrentC brand in September 2014 and confirmed to NFC World it would launch in a “mid-sized market” in April.
- NFC mobile payments ‘shake off the novelty tag’ in the UK
- Bank issues primary school kids with NFC smartwatches that let them make payments and track pocket money
- New Little Caesars Reserve-n-Ready service transforms the way customers pick up pizza
- Mobile payment usage ‘remains low’, US debit card study finds
- Report: 2017 Mobile Payment Usage in China